Thursday, June 13, 2019

What this blog is all about

...or rather, what should this blog be all about? What should be the purpose of writing and publishing a blog, even if it is only for my eyes to see?

I originally wanted to post snippets of others' poetry and my own, then I switched to online articles I found interesting, evocative, sobering. Then, I wanted to make this a running tally of all my retweets and posts, primarily concerning my horror at the state of the world in the early 21st century.

But, I want this blog to now be all those things, and much, much more.

No matter how insignificant, everyone has a story.

Not only does everyone have a story, everyone has the need to tell that story to someone.

If I were to be honest to myself, I am an insignificant office worker in one of the world's great medical institutions. Even one such as I needs to tell my story.

Parts of my story are pretty mundane. Parts of it are inspirational. Parts of it are so fanciful, some may believe that they never happened. But I can assure you, they did.

Hopefully, somebody will stumble across this blog and find comfort or insight. Someone in the future may find this blog and get an idea about, along with others, what regular people were thinking during this period of time, with all its upheaval and renewed fear of "the other." This may well help future generations to not make the mistakes we have made. That is my hope.

No comments:

On social engineering

From Wikipedia: so·cial en·gi·neer·ing 1. the use of centralized planning in an attempt to manage social change and regulate the future ...